As we say goodbye to 2019 and hello to 2020, here are a few thoughts to consider:
- Numbers in the Bible have significance:
- 12 is the number of government
- 8 is new beginnings
- 7 is completion
- 3 is perfection/completion
The #20 signifies the end of waiting. I’m believing 2020 will be your year where waiting ends and your faith is rewarded.
- I’m sure many of us will consider losing weight or getting in shape physically as a goal in 2020, which is great! But please consider the words of Paul:
“for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.” 1 Timothy 4:8
How will you become more Godly in 2020?
- What do you need to let go of and leave in 2019? And what do you need to add to your life in 2020?
“Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
- As you consider goals for 2020, make small commitments you can be consistent and faithful with over time.
“His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’” Matthew 25:23
- Enjoy the journey. Often we rush from goal to goal and fail to realize the journey is half the fun. We have no guarantee of tomorrow, so enjoy where you are today.
“So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his work, for that is his lot. Who can bring him to see what will be after him?” Ecclesiastes 3:22
May 2020 be the greatest year of your life!